Join us on social media for our latest news and events
Facebook: Amputation Care SIG Federal Section APTA
Meet us at CSM on Feb 12-15, 2020 in Denver, Colorado
Registration opens for attendees: September 18, 2019
Sign up here
Amputation Care Events at CSM 2020
- Amputation Care SIG Business Meeting
Friday, Feb 14th from 5:30-6:30pm in Crestone Salon AB
- Federal Section Reception
Friday, Feb 14th from 6:30-8:00 pm
- Educational Sessions
- Amputation Care Related Sessions at CSM 2020
- Comorbidities Impact Functional Mobility After Amputation. What's a PT to Do?
Thursday Feb 13th, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Amputation Care Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for Physical Therapists
Thursday Feb 13th, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Real Sports: #adaptiveathletes
Friday Feb 14th, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Osseointegration Rehabilitation Guidelines and Functional Outcomes- Worldwide Lessons Learned and the Way Ahead
Friday Feb 14th, 3:00-5:00pm
- Chair: Andrea Crunkhorn, PT, DPT
- Research Chair: Ignacio Gaunaurd, PT, PhD, MSPT
- Education Co-Chair: Jonathan Glasberg, PT, DPT, MA, ATP
- Education Co-Chair: Benjamin Darter, PT, PhD, MSPT
- Communication Chair: Deena Gerstenhaber, PT, DPT
- Practice Chair: Sheila Clemens, PT, PhD
- Secretary: Elizabeth Darroch, PT, DPT
Student Focus Group:
Welcome to the Amputation Care Special Interest Group!
The goal of this is Special Interest Group is to acquire and share information and resources and promote collaboration among those PT/PTA Clinicians, Educators, Researchers, and Graduate Students who care for those with limb loss. You can get involved by attending (yearly, quarterly, etc.) meetings, continuing educational courses, and sharing your experiences and expertise. Your feedback, involvement and participation are welcomed.
The mission of the Amputation Care Special Interest Group is to provide members of the Federal Physical Therapy and other Sections the opportunity to network and improve the quality of care provided to patients living with amputation(s).
It is the overall goal of the Amputation Care Special Interest Group to have a positive impact on the care and treatment of patients with amputation. There are 500 amputations per day in the United States. The number will continue to grow as the US population ages. Rehabilitation with these patients occurs in many settings and we, as specialists, have the responsibility to establish a solid foundation for their recovery and return to individually optimized function. As professionals our skills must keep pace with the evolution of surgical techniques and prosthetic technology.
Student Amputation Focus Group:
The purpose of the Student Amputation Focus Group is to provide educational, clinical and service opportunities to student members interested in amputation care. The group consists of students with an interest in pursuing a career working with the limb loss community. Our goal is to provide students with a passion for the limb loss community the proper resources to be successful in their professional careers.
Join as a Student PT/PTA Here
- For Clinicians
- Practice Recommendations
- Functional Outcome Measures and Assessments
- For Patients:
- Members receive email invitations to the Extremity Trauma and Amputation Center of Excellence / VA Amputation System of Care Grand Rounds live sessions. These offerings provide cutting edge education for amputation care providers.
- Members are added to the members-only listserv where providers collaborate, share expertise, and discuss upcoming educational offerings.